Success in the digital arena is often deemed easier than success in the traditional business scene. There’s an abundance of strategies that every enterprise can employ so it can reach its target market and they are all effective in accomplishing a specific marketing objective.
The more important thing, however, is to create the right combination of strategies so that the best results are achieved – this is why an online marketing plan is important.
If you’re aiming for success on the internet, you cannot just integrate anything and everything; not only will that be time-consuming, but you also risk neglecting some of your goals. The right strategy plan will streamline your efforts and ensure that everything you do has value and works toward your set objectives.
When it comes to drawing up an online marketing plan, there are seven main components that you need to focus on
All other strategies are secondary, so you can just put those aside until you’ve established these main components:
- Website design – The website is the official presence of your business in the digital world so it has to represent your values effectively. Most online marketing experts will tell you, when it comes to Web design, simplicity is an advantage – you want it to be attractive, easy to navigate, and responsive.
- Establish your niche – Know your market because this will direct the right traffic to your website. These are people who are looking for something specific that only you can provide.
- Blog – This is deemed the best way to get your business’s “personality” across and keep customers interested. The blog is where customers can go when they want to see what’s new with the business – it’s the perfect strategy for establishing relevance. Plus, it’s easy to share through social media, easy for readers to subscribe to through RSS and email, and best of all, it encourages interaction with customers or “passers-by.”
- Social media integration – Social media sites are where your market is. When it comes to marketing, the idea is to be where your clients are so you can present your message easily, have it shared exponentially, and interact with them for the benefit of your business.
- SEO – Search engine optimization is a complete necessity in securing a competitive advantage. This will make Web surfers and search engines notice your site more so you can enjoy more traffic and conversions.
- Email marketing – This is a great way to consistently reach your audience even when they’re not always online. The key to powerful email marketing is to present useful and relevant information and to do so using an attractive and high quality template that’s aligned with the look of your brand.
- Analytics – A plan is not just for carrying out strategies but also for the evaluation of the performance of these strategies. Analytics measure the results and trends of all your marketing strategies – traffic, conversions, stickiness, customer retention, page ranking, likes, number of followers, and so much more.
Integrate these seven components to create a solid online marketing plan and you can easily leverage your business at an advantage even if it’s still small and new.RSS SUBSCRIBE